Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bathroom {Re}vamp; or Why I Should Never Pick Out Paint Colors

Since moving in, I've been itching to repaint the kid's bathroom. Judge for yourself:



Kinda blah, hunh? Wouldn't you want to get in there and show some love to those walls? (In my landlord's defense, it was cute when they had their beachy theme going on!) But with our stuff? Not working for me.


My inspiration was the blue in the shower curtain. Love, love, love that color of blue!





So, off to Lowe's I go with my 2 favorite guys. An HOUR later, I'd settled on a blue from the Disney collection at Home Depot. Ugh, it was sooo hard! You may be asking yourself, "Why didn't she do the smart thing and bring a sample of the curtain with her?" Right? At least, that's what my sweet darling husband asked after hearing me say for the 20th time, "I don't know. I don't think it's right." And of course, I got home and hated it.

What's a girl to do after she's just blown $20 on a can of ugly blue? Mix up my own color, of course! Added in a bit of lemon grass green, turquoise, pink (in desperation) and a bunch of white, and VOILA!!



Eh, still not the color I wanted. But I think I like it A LOT better than the butter that was there before! Of course, I'd love to do a lot more. (Like the faucets, counter tops, floor, light fixtures, cabinets...) But, it IS a rental. Maybe just painting the cabinets and changing the knobs? Hmmmmmm....


And, did you see that cutie above the toilet? (Sorry about the bad iPhone pic)

Look for a tutorial about that soon! Until then, one last addition to the {re}vamp: A friendly reminder!


 Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. I love the lettering on the potty lid - do you know if I could rig some sort of alarm that would remind the little people to flush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, it's the only thing that's gotten results! I love to peek at them when they catch a glimpse of it and sometimes will hear them say, "Oh, yeah." Ha!!! Success!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subway art! I came over from Debbiedoos and now a new follower. Please stop by sometime.
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete